Friday, January 16, 2009

Much More Web Pages in the World

It is my first article featured with image. This image inspired by Coding Horror, taken from Pearls Before Swin. Just laugh a while...

Pearls Before Swine

Actually Atwood, Coding Horror writer use this image to say about saying clever and being clever. But I interested in "They are all on the web". Then one question flying around my brain. How many web pages in the world?
    When I ask Answer.com how many sites in the world, they answer about 70,392,567 websites indexed by Yahoo. And in July 25th 2008, Google process links on the web to find new content hit a milestone, 1 trillion unique URL's on the web at once. What a big number, isn't it. With those number of sites, so more web pages exist in this world. There are 250,000 new pages a day. One datum again, Wikipedia, the open source project with 'open source' article that born in January 2001, has 2,683,000+ articles, just in English.
Hmm...

2 comments:

tanti said...

hanson, i've been wondering for sometime.. how do you learn so many languages in a so short period? Your english is incredible and your french is tasty.. tell me tell me :)

Hanson Prihantoro said...

You want to know?

Hehe, watch film that you like. (I like JDrama very much...) Watch it in many times; hear it even though usually we just hear music/mp3. Try to speak with them, together. And then you can make it second or third language in some time/place/event.

Err, I think it make me addictive
T_T

But actually, my English and French are not as good as you think. I just use some tools to make them look tasty ^_^

Whew, this comment like a new article for me, isn't it?